The global X-Band weather radar market was valued at USD 4442.83 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 6220.24 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.97% during the forecast period.
X-band radars are mainly used in the defense sector and for weather monitoring. Operating at a frequency of 8-12 GHz and on a wavelength of 2.5-4 cm, these radars are more sensitive and can detect even the smallest of particles. X-band radars are ideal for studying cloud development since they can detect light precipitation such as snow and even tiny water particles. Most airplanes are equipped with X-band radars so as to be able to pick up turbulence and other weather phenomena. The urgent need for 24–7 security and surveillance to protect citizens from external and internal threats has also significantly boosted the demand for X-band radars. Defense and aerospace equipment manufacturers have been focused on developing advanced surveillance and security systems that can detect threats from a distance, whether on land, in the sea, or in the skies.
U.S. X-Band Weather Radar Market Revenue, 2015 - 2025
The global X-Band weather radar market is primarily segmented based on type, application, end-use, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into Doppler radar, and bistatic radar. Based on application the market is segmented into location of precipitation, precipitation motion calculation, estimation of precipitation type, rainfall observation and measurement. Based on end-use the market is segmented into government, defense, and commercial. Further, based on region the global market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
On the basis of type, Doppler radar dominated the global X-Band weather radar market in 2018 owing to the technological advancement of X-Band Doppler weather radars
Based on application, estimation of precipitation type dominated the market in 2018, owing to frequently change in climate condition across the globe.
Based on end-use, defense sector dominated the market in 2018, owing to surge in technological advancement, the growth of border tensions, the increased number of wars and insurgent attacks, and the escalating incidences of transnational crimes.
Furthermore, based on region, North America dominated the global market owing to strong demand stemming from homeland and border security.
There has been significant amount of strategic developments accounted in industry by the key players prevailing in the global market. For instance, in May 2018, Terma A/S signed collaboration agreement with RAYTHEON.
On the basis of type, the market is split into:
* Doppler Radar
* Bistatic Radar
On the basis of application, the market is split into:
* Location of Precipitation
* Precipitation Motion Calculation
* Estimation of Precipitation Type
* Rainfall Observation and Measurement
On the basis of end-use, the market is split into:
Moreover, the market is classified based on regions and countries as follows:
* North America- U.S., Canada
* Europe- U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe
* Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India and Rest of Asia Pacific
* South America- Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of South America
* Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Market Players:
The key players profiled in the market include:
* Japan Radio Co., Ltd.
* Terma A/S
* Northrop Grumman Corporation
* Raytheon Company
* Saab AB
* Furuno Electric Co., Ltd.
* Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
* Thales-Raytheon Systems Company SAS
* Selex ES S.p.A.
* Kelvin Hughes (A Hensoldt Company)
* Reutech Radar Systems
These enterprises are focusing on growth strategies, such as new product launches, expansions, acquisitions, and agreements & partnerships to expand their operations across the globe.
Key Benefits of the Report:
* Global, regional, country, type, application, end-use, and market size and their forecast from 2014-2025
* Identification and detailed analysis on key market dynamics, such as, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing growth of the market
* Detailed analysis on industry outlook with market specific PESTLE, and supply chain to better understand the market and build expansion strategies
* Identification of key market players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies, detailed financial positions, and unique selling points
* Analysis on key players’ strategic initiatives and competitive developments, such as joint ventures, mergers, and new Connectivity launches in the market
* Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook, and factors impacting vendors’ short term and long term strategies
* Detailed insights on emerging regions type, application, end-use, and options with qualitative and quantitative information and facts
* X-Band Weather Radar Manufacturers
* Traders, Importers, and Exporters
* Raw Material Suppliers and Distributors
* Associations and Industry Bodies
The market is derived through extensive use of secondary, primary, in-house research followed by expert validation and third party perspective, such as, analyst reports of investment banks. The secondary research is the primary base of our study wherein we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources, such as, white papers, government and regulatory published articles, technical journals, trade magazines, and paid data sources.
For forecasting, regional demand & supply factors, recent investments, market dynamics including technical growth scenario, consumer behavior, and end use trends and dynamics, and capacity were taken into consideration. Different weightages have been assigned to these parameters and quantified their market impacts using the weighted average analysis to derive the market growth rate.
The market estimates and forecasts have been verified through exhaustive primary research with the Key Industry Participants (KIPs), which typically include: