The global rainbow trout market was estimated to be valued at USD 3,524.08 million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 4,998.19 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.14% during 2018 to 2025. Scope of global rainbow trout market includes by Type (Fresh Rainbow Trout, Frozen Rainbow Trout, Canned Rainbow Trout), by Distribution Channels (Online, Offline), and by Region (North America- U.S., Canada; Europe- U.K., France, Germany; Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India; Latin America- Brazil, Mexico; Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia).
The rainbow trout is a trout and species of salmonid native to cold-water tributaries of the Pacific Ocean in Asia and North America. Rainbow trout flesh can be white, pink, or orange and has a delicate almost nutty flavor. “Pink” rainbow trout, which are sometimes marketed at a premium price (and preferred by European consumers compared to U.S. consumers that show preference for a whiter fish), get their meat color from a synthetic carotenoid pigment that is added to the fish feed. Rainbow trout are available year-round primarily fresh, although it is also available frozen, smoked, and canned. Product forms include whole dressed trout, boned trout, skin-on pinbone-in fillets, & skin-on boneless fillets. Look for fish with moist flesh, shiny skin and eyes, and a fresh, mild aroma.
Growing focus of consumers on healthful ingredients, Heavy investments in improving fish farming infrastructure and growing focus on revisiting the alignment of core competencies with different regional regulations are some of the factor for market growth. However, high capital investments required for fish farming, coupled with high maintenance and operating costs remain restrain the growth of the market.
Europe Frozen Rainbow Trout for Rainbow Trout Market Revenue, 2015 - 2026
Based on type, the market is segmented into Fresh Rainbow Trout, Frozen Rainbow Trout, and Canned Rainbow Trout. In 2018, Fresh Rainbow Trout held majority of the rainbow trout market share globally. This is attributed to strong revenue growth of market. The heavy demand from several end-use industries is propelling the growth of this segment over the forecast period as well. Globally, the Fresh Rainbow Trout segment accounted dominated the global market in 2018.
Based on Distribution Channels, the market is segmented into Online and Offline and others. In 2018, Offline segment dominated the market. However, Online is expected to grow with the highest CAGR as per volume. Also, countries such as Canada, Mexico, Spain among others shows online distribution channel segment market growth.
Furthermore, based on region Asia dominated the global market owing to the growing adoption of Rainbow Trout. There has been significant amount of strategic developments accounted in global industry. The key players in the global Rainbow Trout market are like Mowi ASA and Leroy Seafood Group, etc. These vendors have employed various strategies to expand their product and application offerings, global footprint, and augment their market share.
The global rainbow trout market is primarily segmented by type, distribution channels and region.
Based on type, the market is split into:
* Fresh Rainbow Trout
* Frozen Rainbow Trout
* Canned Rainbow Trout
Based on distribution channels, the market is divided into:
Moreover, the market is classified across regions and countries as follows:
* North America- U.S., Canada
* Europe- U.K., France, Germany
* Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India
* Latin America- Brazil, Mexico
* Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Market Players:
The key players profiled in the market include:
* Mowi ASA
* Leroy Seafood Group
* Grieg Seafood
* Clear Springs Foods
* Torre Trout Farms
* Sunburst Trout Farms
* Rushing Waters Fisheries
* Albury Estate Fisheries
* Aquabest Seafood LLC
These enterprises are focusing on growth strategies, such as new product launches, expansions, acquisitions, and agreements & partnerships to expand their operations across the globe.
Key Benefits of the Report:
* Global, regional, country, product type and distribution channels market size and their forecast from 2014-2025
* Identification and detailed analysis on key market dynamics, such as, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing growth of the market
* Detailed analysis on industry outlook with market specific Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Value Chain, to better understand the market and build expansion strategies
* Identification of key market players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies, detailed financial positions, key products, and unique selling points
* Analysis on key player’s strategic initiatives and competitive developments, such as joint ventures, mergers, sales contracts, and new product launches in the market
* Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook, and factors impacting vendors’ short term and long term strategies
* Detailed insights on emerging regions, product types and distribution channels with qualitative and quantitative information and facts
* Identification of the key patents filed in the field of rainbow trout
* Rainbow trout manufacturer & Technology Providers
* Traders, Importers, and Exporters
* Raw Material Suppliers and Distributors
* Research and Consulting Firms
* Government and Research Organizations
* Associations and Industry Bodies
The market is derived through extensive use of secondary, primary, in-house research followed by expert validation and third party perspective, such as, analyst reports of investment banks. The secondary research is the primary base of our study wherein we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources, such as, white papers, government and regulatory published articles, technical journals, trade magazines, and paid data sources.
For forecasting, regional demand & supply factors, recent investments, market dynamics including technical growth scenario, consumer behavior, and end use trends and dynamics, and production capacity were taken into consideration. Different weightages have been assigned to these parameters and quantified their market impacts using the weighted average analysis to derive the market growth rate.
The market estimates and forecasts have been verified through exhaustive primary research with the Key Industry Participants (KIPs), which typically include:
* Raw Material Providers
* Government Body & Associations
* Research Institutes