The global Power Supply market was estimated to be valued at USD 23.92 million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 38.24 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.93% during 2018 to 2025. Scope of global Power Supply market includes by Type (AC/DC, DC/DC), by Application (Aerospace & Defence, Industrial & Semiconductors, Healthcare. Government & Public Utilities), and by Region (North America- U.S., Canada; Europe- U.K., France, Germany; Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India; Latin America- Brazil, Mexico; Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia).
Electronic equipment are powered by voltage DC supplies. The source either enters a battery, a combination of a battery and a DC/DC converter, or an AC to DC converter. Electronic components require a supply that is well regulated, has low noise characteristics and provides a fast response to load changes. Wide variety of applications is helping the global market grow. Rising adoption of building automation, increasing use in precise measurement devices are some of main driving factors for market growth. However, strict design constraints, stringent regulations remains restrain for the market growth.
APAC AC/DC for Power Supply Market Revenue, 2015 - 2026
Based on type, the market is segmented into AC/DC and DC/DC. In 2018, AC/DC held majority of the market share globally. This is attributed to strong revenue growth of electronic components as well as communication devices market. The heavy demand from several end-use industries is propelling the growth of this segment over the forecast period as well. Globally, the AC/DC segment accounted dominated the global market in 2018.
Based on voltage, the market is segmented into low, medium, and high. Low voltage segment accounted for the largest share in 2018 and is expected to grow with the fastest pace during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to rapid consumption of consumer electronics which function on low voltages. These include chargers as well as adapters. Moreover, with the proliferation of smart devices including smartphones, there is an increased demand for such consumer electronics, thereby further driving the growth of this segment. Owing to these factors, the low voltage segment is expected to witness significant growth.
Based on application, the market is segmented into aerospace and defense, industrial & semiconductors, healthcare, government and public utilities, and others. In 2018, industrial & semiconductors segment dominated the market. However, aerospace & defense is expected to grow with the highest CAGR.
Industrial & semiconductors segment dominated the market owing to factors, such as, rising initiatives as well as investments towards smart building automation, smart grids and cities. These are driving the demand for highly stable and compact power supplies which can withstand harsh conditions. Furthermore, industrial electronics include a variety of application, such as, manufacturing and process automation, test and measurement, medical electronics, building and home control, and power & energy. These factors are helping the segment dominate the global market. Rising investments in military as well as civil aerospace is also attributing to the growth of aerospace & defense.
Furthermore, based on region Europe dominated the global market owing to the growing adoption of AC/DC. There has been significant amount of strategic developments accounted in global industry. For instance, Phoenix Contact launched their new active redundancy module from which clients can increase the availability of system through decoupling and monitoring. This product launch help the company to acquire more customers in their geographical area.
The global power supply market is primarily segmented by type, voltage, application and region.
Based on type, the market is split into:
Based on Voltage, the market is split into:
Based on application, the market is divided into:
* Aerospace & Defence
* Industrial & Semiconductors
* Government & Public Utilities
Moreover, the market is classified across regions and countries as follows:
* North America- U.S., Canada
* Europe- U.K., France, Germany
* Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India
* Latin America- Brazil, Mexico
* Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Market Players:
The key players profiled in the market include:
* Siemens AG
* AMETEK, Inc.
* Advance Energy Inc.
* XP Power
* Iseg Spezialelectronik GmbH
* TDK Corporation
* Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation
* Tektronix Inc.
* Ampegon AG
* Sitael S.p.a.
* Delta Electronics
* Emerson Electric Co.
* Lite-On Power System Solutions
* MEAN WELL Enterprises Co., Ltd.
* Murata Power Solutions
* Phoenix Contact
* Power Innovation GmbH
* CUI Inc.
* PULS GmbH
* AcBel Polytech Inc.
* Cosel Co., Ltd.
These enterprises are focusing on growth strategies, such as new product launches, expansions, acquisitions, and agreements & partnerships to expand their operations across the globe.
Key Benefits of the Report:
* Global, regional, country, product type and application market size and their forecast from 2014-2025
* Identification and detailed analysis on key market dynamics, such as, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing growth of the market
* Detailed analysis on industry outlook with market specific Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Value Chain, to better understand the market and build expansion strategies
* Identification of key market players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies, detailed financial positions, key products, and unique selling points
* Analysis on key player’s strategic initiatives and competitive developments, such as joint ventures, mergers, sales contracts, and new product launches in the market
* Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook, and factors impacting vendors’ short term and long term strategies
* Detailed insights on emerging regions, product types and applications with qualitative and quantitative information and facts
* Identification of the key patents filed in the field of Power Supply
* Power Supply manufacturer & Technology Providers
* Traders, Importers, and Exporters
* Raw Material Suppliers and Distributors
* Research and Consulting Firms
* Government and Research Organizations
* Associations and Industry Bodies
The market is derived through extensive use of secondary, primary, in-house research followed by expert validation and third party perspective, such as, analyst reports of investment banks. The secondary research is the primary base of our study wherein we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources, such as, white papers, government and regulatory published articles, technical journals, trade magazines, and paid data sources.
For forecasting, regional demand & supply factors, recent investments, market dynamics including technical growth scenario, consumer behavior, and end use trends and dynamics, and production capacity were taken into consideration. Different weightages have been assigned to these parameters and quantified their market impacts using the weighted average analysis to derive the market growth rate.
The market estimates and forecasts have been verified through exhaustive primary research with the Key Industry Participants (KIPs), which typically include:
* Raw Material Providers
* Government Body & Associations
* Research Institutes