Liver is a vital organ which performs several important bodily functions including bile production for digestion, protein production, synthesis of blood clotting factors, storage of glucose (sugar) in the form glycogen, and detoxification. Also, the liver cells have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves after any damage. Due to this unique capability, the liver tissues have fascinated the researchers. True understanding of molecular and cellular connectivity and functions of the liver tissues in an in-vivo as well as in-vitro setting is very important from the viewpoint of discovery science and clinical application.
Development of liver models that can provide a virtual ecosystem that mimics the molecular processes of a liver factory can help understand molecular interactions to network dynamics and whole organ functions. These advanced liver models are mini-organs or organoids that are expected to replicate human liver physiology, anatomy, and functions from molecular layer upward. The formation of these living models is a fairly new area of science that has the potential to replace animal models.
The advanced liver models are mini-organs or organoids that are expected to replicate human liver physiology, anatomy, and functions from molecular layer upward. The formation of these living models is a new area of science that has the potential to replace animal models. The human liver model is used to screen new drugs for liver toxicity.
Geographic segments in this report include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the RoW. Of these, the North American segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2017. The human liver market for North America is driven by the presence of a well-established life sciences industry, growing awareness about the organoids technology, increasing government funding, growing incidence of NAFLD, and unavailability of livers for transplantation, increasing investments on research, rising focus on tissue culture-based clinical diagnostics, and the availability of skilled professionals.
The In Vitro Models of the Liver offer several advantages over animal models that are not always accurate and pose ethical issues. The In Vitro Models of the Liver or organoids have been used to screen new drugs for liver toxicity. These models are also being deeply studied to build a functional model of human liver development. The process of making a human liver model starts with a fetal liver progenitor cell, an immature cell that transforms into a specialized liver cell. The fetal liver progenitor cell is allowed to self-assemble in a small disc. These discs are composed of ferret liver cells that are pre-processed to remove all cells of the ferret. The resultant mini-organ models the actual human liver development. These models have been observed to generate hepatocytes, the basic functional cells of the liver, which is expected to produce the functional bioengineered liver tissues for transplantation into patients in the near future.
Rising demand for operative treatment methods regarding the liver is a major driver for the growth of the global human liver model market. The growth in research and development activities and the growing frequency of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease are also expected to augment the market growth. Moreover, rise in need for the early detection of drug toxicity to minimize financial losses due to late stage drug failure also boosts the growth of the market. However, dearth of expert professionals is the major restraining factor for this market. Furthermore, an increasing number of initiatives to create an awareness regarding the liver organoids is expected to create growth opportunities for the market players in the upcoming years.
The countries covered in the research scope across regions include:
* North America- U.S. and Canada
* Europe- Russia, U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe
* Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand and Rest of Asia Pacific
* Latin America- Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America
* Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Turkey, GCC Countries and Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Market Players:
The key players profiled in the market include are Emulate (US), Ascendance Bio (US), HìREL (US), CN Bio (UK), Organovo (US), and Cyfuse Biomedical (Japan).
Key Benefits of the Report:
* Global, regional, country Product Type, and Application, market size and their forecast from 2015-2026
* Identification and detailed analysis on key market dynamics, such as, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing growth of the market
* Detailed analysis on industry outlook with market specific Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Value Chain, to better understand the market and build expansion strategies
* Identification of key market players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies, detailed financial positions, key products, and unique selling points
* Analysis on Key players’ strategic initiatives and competitive developments, such as joint ventures, mergers, sales contracts, and new product launches in the market
* Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook, and factors impacting vendors’ short term and long term strategies
* Detailed insights on emerging regions, Product Type and Application, with qualitative and quantitative information and facts
* Identification of the key patents filed in the field of In Vitro Models of the Liver
* Owing to the volatility seen in the market due to the Global COVID-19 pandemic, businesses around the globe wish to know the impact on their market and how this changes the projections for 2020 and the forthcoming years. Orian Research is in talks with seasoned market analysts and key note speakers to understand the impact of COVID-19 on markets and factors that will bring in stability in the foreseeable future
* In Vitro Models of the Liver Manufacturer & Supplier
* Traders, Importers, and Exporters
* Raw Material Suppliers and Distributors
* Research and Consulting Firms
* Government and Research Organizations
* Associations and Industry Bodies
The market is derived through extensive use of secondary, primary, in-house research followed by expert validation and third party perspective, such as, analyst reports of investment banks. The secondary research is the primary base of our study wherein we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources, such as, white papers, government and regulatory published articles, technical journals, trade magazines, and paid data sources.
For forecasting, regional demand & supply factors, recent investments, market dynamics including technical growth scenario, consumer behavior, and Application trends and dynamics, and production capacity were taken into consideration. Different weightages have been assigned to these parameters and quantified their market impacts using the weighted average analysis to derive the market growth rate.
The market estimates and forecasts have been verified through exhaustive primary research with the Key Industry Participants (KIPs), which typically include:
* Raw Material Providers
* Government Body & Associations
* Research Institutes
The project analyst providers critical data support to technical Research and analysis functions may include sed budget tracking financial sed forecasting projects evaluation monitoring, maintanence compliance regulations and performing establisheed fact that a readers. Project it is a long establisheed that a will be ut distracted by that readable content.
Improve sales and operations and production planning
Determine the right inventory level
Optimize the supply chain for perfect order planning