The global aircraft hydraulic system market was valued at USD 1,742.53 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 2,357.21 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period.
Hydraulic system is a system where incompressible liquid is used to transmit energy. Aircraft hydraulic systems provide a mean for the operation of aircraft components such as landing gear, flaps, flight control surfaces, and brakes. The Average modern aircraft utilizes hydraulic systems to operate several systems. Landing gear, wing flaps, speed and wheel brakes and flight controls. There are mechanical advantage of a hydraulic system. Two major advantages are, first is the ease with which force can be transmitted over large distances into sealed compartments and the other is large gain in mechanical advantage made possible by varying the size of pistons.
High reliability of hydraulic system, high power to weight ratio of hydraulic system, low cooling cost due to less heat generated in hydraulic system are some of the factor for market growth. However, high cost of maintenance of hydraulic system remain restrain the growth of the market.
China Aircraft Hydraulic System Market Revenue, 2015 - 2026
Based on type, the market is segmented into Open-Center and Closed-Center. In 2018, Closed-Center system held majority of the market share globally. This is attributed to strong revenue growth of Aircraft hydraulic system market. Closed-Center system is expected to grow faster. Pilots depend on hydraulic system to operate systems, such as wheel brakes, nose wheel steering, landing gear operation, flight control surfaces, cargo doors, and propeller pitch controls.
Based on application, the market is segmented into Civil Aircraft, Military Aircraft, and Helicopter. In 2018, Helicopter industry dominated the market. Helicopter industry is expected to contribute more in forecasted period, also Civil Aircraft also contribute more on hydraulic system.
Furthermore, Asia Pacific is also estimated to expand at the rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in aerospace industries in the region. The countries like U.S. present significant growth opportunities for the aircraft hydraulic system market. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for air travel from the region. There has been significant amount of strategic developments accounted in global industry. Aircraft manufacturers as well as OEMs need high initial capital to employ skilled workforce and set up machinery, state-of-the-art technical equipment, and integration platforms
The global aircraft hydraulic system market is primarily segmented by type, application and region.
Based on type, the market is split into:
Based on application, the market is divided into:
* Civil Aircraft
* Military Aircraft
Moreover, the market is classified across regions and countries as follows:
* North America- U.S., Canada
* Europe- U.K., France, Germany
* Asia-Pacific- China, Japan, India
* Latin America- Brazil, Mexico
* Middle East & Africa- South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Market Players:
The key players profiled in the market include:
* United Technologies Corporation
* Parker Hannifin Corporation
* Safran S.A.
* Eaton Corporation PLC
* Liebherr-International AG
* Woodward, Inc.
* Triumph Group, Inc.
* Moog Inc.
* Arkwin Industries Inc.
* Beaver Aerospace & Defense
These enterprises are focusing on growth strategies, such as new product launches, expansions, acquisitions, and agreements & partnerships to expand their operations across the globe.
Key Benefits of the Report:
* Global, regional, country, product type and application market size and their forecast from 2014-2025
* Identification and detailed analysis on key market dynamics, such as, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing growth of the market
* Detailed analysis on industry outlook with market specific Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Value Chain, to better understand the market and build expansion strategies
* Identification of key market players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies, detailed financial positions, key products, and unique selling points
* Analysis on key player’s strategic initiatives and competitive developments, such as joint ventures, mergers, sales contracts, and new product launches in the market
* Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook, and factors impacting vendors’ short term and long term strategies
* Detailed insights on emerging regions, product types and applications with qualitative and quantitative information and facts
* Identification of the key patents filed in the field of aircraft hydraulic system
* Aircraft hydraulic system manufacturer & Technology Providers
* Traders, Importers, and Exporters
* Raw Material Suppliers and Distributors
* Research and Consulting Firms
* Government and Research Organizations
* Associations and Industry Bodies
The market is derived through extensive use of secondary, primary, in-house research followed by expert validation and third party perspective, such as, analyst reports of investment banks. The secondary research is the primary base of our study wherein we conducted extensive data mining, referring to verified data sources, such as, white papers, government and regulatory published articles, technical journals, trade magazines, and paid data sources.
For forecasting, regional demand & supply factors, recent investments, market dynamics including technical growth scenario, consumer behavior, and end use trends and dynamics, and production capacity were taken into consideration. Different weightages have been assigned to these parameters and quantified their market impacts using the weighted average analysis to derive the market growth rate.
The market estimates and forecasts have been verified through exhaustive primary research with the Key Industry Participants (KIPs), which typically include:
* Raw Material Providers
* Government Body & Associations
* Research Institutes